Dairies are supplied with raw milk around the clock. High quality standards are placed on the raw milk so that an online-monitoring of unloading procedures of trucks is necessary. If a raw milk of inferior quality (sour milk) is filled in the storage tanks, the whole milk stock will be spoiled.
The quality of raw milk has a decisive influence on the quality of dairy products. Fresh milk has a pH value of 6.5 to 6.7. The lactic acid bacteria contained in the milk convert lactose to lactic acid, which is primarily dependent on the temperature. If the milk is sour, the pH value is lower, and from a pH value of 4.5 the milk coagulates. Therefore, measuring the pH value is ideal for quality inspection direct during delivering.
Requirements of Application
When milk is delivered to the dairy, pH measurement is mandatory to prevent contamination of an entire tank. As with all applications in the food industry, the requirements are particularly high: In addition to accurate pH determination, the sensors must also be suitable for the usual CIP and SIP processes. Cleaning and sterilization take place here by passing cleaning and rinsing solutions as well as hot steam through the closed system.
Why Knick ?
With the combination of high-quality pH sensors and the matching analysis measuring system, the quality of the raw milk can be checked directly during unloading. The connection to higher-level systems enables them to stop the unloading process immediately if the pH value is too low. Contamination of an entire tank is thus effectively avoided. With the automatic cleaning and calibration system and a retractable fitting with sensor gate, time-consuming removal and replacement of the sensors is no longer necessary. This results in high availability and low manpower requirements for maintenance.
- fully-automated cleaning and calibration system
- online pH measurements available 24/7
- operating modes “autarkic” or “remote-control by PLC”
- milk delivery 24/7 possible without interruption
- less manpower needed -> automated unloading process with quality control at the same time
- measurement system is self-monitoring its performance
- Up to 135 °C, up to 6 bar
- Ceramic junction
- Viscous gel filling
- For aggressive media
- Memosens technology
- Long lifetime even in harsh conditions
- Remote calibration
- Sensor/cable connection can be submerged in water (Memosens)
- Retractable fitting with sensor gate
- Sensor maintenance possible without process interruption
- cleaning (CIP/SIP) and calibration without uninstalling the sensor manually
- Process does not need to be stopped because of cleaning/calibrating the sensor
- housing control by fully-automated cleaning and calibration system
- less manpower needed